Alfa Med Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your right to privacy. For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR)” the Data Controller is Alfa Med Limited, a company incorporated in the Republic of Ireland, with company number 188885 and whose registered address is at Unit 6, Fermoy Enterprise Park, Carrignagroghera, Fermoy, Co. Cork. P61 EE02
- Information we collect about you
- How we use your information
- Retention of your information
- Disclosure to and use by third parties
- Security of your information
- Your rights
- Data Protection Commission
- GDPR requirement should a data breach occur
- Cookies and IP addresses
- Contact Details
Information we collect about you
If you choose to use our products or services and enter into a transaction with us, we collect different categories of personal data about you such as your name, business/ work address, personal address, e-mail address, telephone number, payment details etc.
You may provide personal data to us include when you:
- fill in any forms on our website http://alfamed.ie
- Subscribe to our mailing list service to receive emails or other notifications from us.
- Register for one of the services listed on our website.
- Use a social media service to communicate with us.
- Submit a request to register for any of our Service.
- Initiate any contact with us written or verbally.
We also collect Personal Data from details of your visits to our Website and the resources that you access. We collect some of this information using cookies ( See further information on Cookies and IP addresses below) There may be occasions where we receive Personal Data about you from third parties we engage such as search information providers, analytics providers, veterinary practices and credit reference agencies.
How we use your information
- Where it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, or to conduct business with you.
- Where it is necessary for our business interests or that of a third party.
- To ensure compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
The purposes for which we may use the personal information we hold about you include:
- To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so through our Website.
- For marketing purposes and market research.
- To provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns and related site information.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
We may use your personal information to send you updates (by email, text message, telephone or post) about our products and services, including Special offers, promotions or new products. We will always treat your personal information with the utmost respect and never sell or share it with other organisations outside of Alfa Med Limited.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time by contacting our Data Protection Officer at Alfa Med Limited
Retention of your information
We will retain your personal data only for as long as required to fulfil our legal, regulatory or reporting requirements. We do not retain personal information in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary.
We may hold your information for a longer or shorter period where:
- The law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner.
- You exercise your right to have the information erased and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law.
- In limited cases, the law permits us to keep your personal information indefinitely provided we put certain protections in place.
Disclosure to and use by third parties
The security of your personal data is important to us and we will only ever transfer your information to a third party outside Alfa Med Limited where there is a legal requirement or legitimate business reason for us to do so. We do not authorise these third parties to use your personal data for any purposes other than those for which it was shared, nor are they permitted to send you any unsolicited communications.
Where we are under a duty to disclose or share your data with a third party in order to comply with any legal obligation(s), we will ensure that only data which is legally required is disclosed. We enter into contractual agreements with our third party providers to ensure that your personal information is protected in line with our policies, and is only used and/or processed for approved and legitimate business reasons.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties as follows:
- To any third party who is restructuring, selling or acquiring some or all of our business or assets or otherwise in the event of a merger, re-organisation or similar event.
- To law enforcement agencies in order to detect, investigate and prevent crime.
- To the Courts in Republic of Ireland, or abroad as necessary to comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, to protect vital interests, and to protect the security or integrity of our business operations.
- To comply with a request from a government department or regulatory authority in the jurisdiction in which we operate.
- To third parties acting on our behalf, such as back-up and server hosting providers, IT software and maintenance providers and their agents.
Security of your personal data
We use procedures and security features to ensure the confidentiality of your personal data and prevent accidental loss or unauthorised access to it. Our third party providers are required to take all reasonable steps to ensure the security of your personal information in line with their contractual arrangements with us. Unfortunately, as the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, and although we will endeavour to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website.
Under data protection law you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. To exercise any of your rights in respect of the personal information we hold about you, please submit all requests to our Data Protection Officer at the address below. Please note that to help us to search for your information, we will ask you to confirm your identity.
You have the following rights (which may not always apply or be subject to certain circumstances):
- To be informed about the processing of your personal information.
- To request access to your information and information about how we process it. You have the right to ask for a copy of the personal information we hold about you, and we will respond to you within 30 days of receipt of your request. For all subsequent requests we may charge you an administrative fee. Please note that where your personal information concerns other identifiable individuals or where we have a lawful reason to do so, we may withhold that information.
- To have your information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete/incorrect information completed/corrected. If you change your name or address/email address or ascertain that any of the information we hold pertaining to you is out of date or inaccurate, please contact us as soon as possible so that we may promptly rectify any inaccuracies.
- To object to the processing of your personal data and withdraw your consent. As set out in the section “How we use your information”, we may rely on your consent as the legal basis for processing your personal data. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at Alfa Med Ltd.
- To restrict processing of your personal information.
- To have your information erased. On receipt of your request to erase your personal information from our systems, we will make all reasonable efforts to do so on the basis that there is no lawful reason for us to continue processing or retaining your personal information.
- To move, copy or transfer your information. Where it is technically possible, and to comply with your request, we will send your personal information directly to another service provider. Please note that where we have a lawful reason to do so, we may withhold that information.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commission if you have any concerns about the way in which we have handled your personal data, or if you believe that it has been used in a way that does not comply with data protection laws. We encourage you to contact our Data Protection Officer before making any complaint and we will seek to resolve any issues or concerns you may have.
GDPR requirement should a data breach occur
We will notify you via email within 7 business days
The Data Protection Commission
The Data Protection Commission (DPC) is the national independent authority responsible for upholding the fundamental right of individuals in the EU to have their personal data protected. The DPC is the Irish supervisory authority for the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and also has functions and powers related to other important regulatory frameworks including the Irish ePrivacy Regulations (2011) and the EU Directive known as the Law Enforcement Directive.
Cookies and IP addresses
Cookies are files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 16 years old.
This policy may be reviewed from time to time, and when this happens we will post an updated version on our Website. To ensure that you are aware of any changes, we recommend that you regularly check for changes and review this policy when you visit our Website. Any changes will take effect immediately on the date on which the modified terms are posted on our Website. If you do not agree with any aspect of the updated policy, please promptly notify us and cease using our services.
Alfa Med Ltd., Unit 6, Fermoy Enterprise Park, Carrignagroghera, Fermoy, Co. Cork. P61 EE02